Our Charity Golf Classic is one of Bereaved Families of Ontario – Midwestern Region’s longest standing fundraising events. This golf tournament typically welcomes more than 100 people and continues to be one of our top fundraising initiatives.
- Raise funds for BFO-MR’s grief support programs for children, families and individuals grieving the death of a loved one
- Create an exciting and memorable experience for golfers who attend our event and show our gratitude for their support
- Increase awareness about BFO-MR and our role in the community
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The volunteer committee for the Charity Golf Classic plays an integral role in organizing this important event for our organization. This committee actively participates and works with BFO-MR staff to:
- Ensure the goals of the event align with the BFO-MR mission and that the needs of our members are at the forefront of all of our decisions
- Identify and pursue opportunities for corporate/individual support of this event through in-kind donations and sponsorships
- Recruit teams to participate in the tournament
- Help define logistics for the tournament and identify opportunities to maximize fundraising
- Work with BFO-MR to identify and connect with potential volunteers who can help on event day
- Act as ambassadors for BFO-MR on event day and provide set-up support as needed
- Committee meetings are held once per month beginning in September.
- Meetings may be more frequent closer to the event
THE IMPACT OF YOUR INVOLVEMENT
The Charity Golf Classic is one of BFO-MR’s most successful fundraising events. Funds raised through the tournament mean children, parents, families and individuals who are grieving the death of a loved one can access grief support in their community. You are helping the healing begin.
Please contact Bereaved Families of Ontario – Midwestern Region at 519-603-0196 or email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering and to learn more about this opportunity, or fill out our Volunteer Application Form and email it to us.