It is our goal to create a comfortable and respectful environment for everyone. Here is what you can expect from a group experience with Bereaved Families of Ontario – Midwestern Region.
- All of our groups are run by two co-facilitators who are bereaved individuals themselves.
- Groups (which take place for 6-10 weeks dependent on the group) typically run 2 hours in length with a
small break approximately half way through.
- Participation is voluntary – members can decide to express their thoughts and feelings, or not.
- The first few sessions are geared for people to get to know each other and the group facilitators
- Typically, participants share their stories during weeks 2-4 with subsequent group meeting discussions
centering around dealing with changing relationships, coping with special days and memorializing.
- Group meetings include both time for discussion with the group as well as activities based on that
Our hope for you:
- To make a connection with other people who are grieving
- Sharing stories and experiences to help normalize the grief you’re feeling
- To both receive and give support and understanding
- To discover that our peer support environments are accepting, non threatening and in no way intimidating
- To have personal growth, learn the tools for recovery and have hope for the future
- To take the opportunity to explore thoughts and feelings about grief in a way that helps you be compassionate with yourself